We have compiled a useful IELTS vocabulary list for you to review & practice with, so you can enrich your score. Please do take some time to go through and learn these vocabulary for common topics. Vocabulary is 25% of your marks for IELTS writing and speaking, and also plays a key role in listening and reading.
Vocabulary for IELTS Topics
- Art: Paintings
- Body Language
- Crime & Punishment
- Clothes: Casual and Formal
- Education: School & University
- Environmental Problems
- Films & Movies
- Food & Vegetables
- Musical Instruments
- People: Parts of the Face / Facial Organs
Learn useful tips for paraphrasing in IELTS. You need to learn to paraphrase correctly and avoid errors to get a good score in all skills, particularly IELTS writing.
Get a list of over 100 common uncountable nouns with practice exercises to help you improve. This is an essential page to view before your IELTS test.
Idioms are usually informal and are more often used in IELTS speaking.
Improve your vocabulary by learning the exact meaning of words and how to use them correctly. These lessons are either words lists or lessons which focus on how to use a particular word correctly. For students aiming to reduce the number of errors in their writing and speaking, these lessons are essential.
- Detrimental: Practice Lesson
- Lacking in / Lack of: Practice Lesson
- Academic Reading Vocabulary List 1
- Boys Names
- Girls Name
- Common / Popular Definition lesson
Vocabulary Lessons for IELTS Writing
- Line Graph Vocabulary
- Map Vocabulary and Useful Language: 1
- Practice with Linking Words for Essay Writing