LATEST IELTS PART 1 Questions – DAILY ROUTINE
- What part of your day do you like best?
Answer: I am a morning person so I would say morning is my favorite part of the day most likely because it signifies a new day and a new beginning. There are times when I have a bad day but I always think about the quote that says, “Tomorrow is another day”. In a word, waking up every morning is the best feeling ever.
- Long response
- Reason, Linking phrase (most likely because)
- Personal Example
- Summary, Linking Phrase (In a word)
- What’s your daily routine?
Answer: As I have mentioned I am a morning person so obviously I start my day with a cup of coffee, breakfast and a good shower then everything follows. Apparently, I go to school on weekends so I normally go back home to do my homework and take a rest while I go out for a friends’ date on weekends or spend time with my family. Pretty much I have a simple and happy lifestyle.
- Long response, Phrase (As I have mentioned)
- Answer, Linking phrase (so obviously )
- Additional points, Linking word (Apparently)
- Summary, Linking phrase (Pretty much)
- What is the busiest part of the day for you?
Answer: To be honest everyday is a busy day for me but I am normally occupied in the morning because of the reason that I usually rush about everything especially during school days. You know, I sleep late at night and wake up late in the morning. Basically, I have to get up at 5am, make my breakfast, prepare my things, take a shower and ride my bicycle to school. Over all, I have to speed up every morning.
- Long response, Phrase (To be honest)
- Reason, Linking phrase (because of the reason that)
- Example, linking phrase (You know)
- Summary, Linking phrase (Over all)
- What’s the difference of routine between you and your teenager’s times?
Answer: Well, I can say that there’s a huge difference between my life back then and my present life. You know, when I was a teenager I was irresponsible about my everyday lifestyle because of the fact that I have nothing to worry about apart from my school work, also, my parents were there to take care of me. As opposed to my life now, my routine and time management has become more strict. Ever since I stepped into college things got tough especially that I have to live on my own now. I have learned to be independent and become more responsible with my personal life and school life. Such as sleeping early and waking up early in the morning
- Long response, Phrase (Well, i can say that)
- First point, Linking phrase (You know)
- Additional point, linking phrase (because of the fact that)
- Second point, Comparative phrase (As opposed to)
- Example, Linking phrase (Such as)
LATEST PART 2 – MOVED TO A NEW HOME OR SCHOOL
Describe a time when you moved to a new home or school
You should say:
When it happened and what it was
Who were with you
What you did in this event
And how you felt about it
Well, I think this topic is quite easy for me to discuss because of the reason that I have moved to several places twice for the past 10 years. But today I would like to talk about a time when we moved to a new home back when I was in high school. You know, I used to live in a very small and crowded apartment with my parents like my old bedroom was the size of my bathroom right now. In 2014, my parents decided to buy a bigger and newer home which is situated near the city center. The good thing is that, they invited my grandparents to come live with us because my grandparents were getting old and needed to be cared for. I felt really blissful because of the fact that it is the first time living as a big family, on the contrary, it took for all of us to get used of each other’s habits. Perhaps, my grandparents sleep and wake up early in the morning while I do the opposite and they often scold me for that but as the days passes by they got used to it. Overall, the new house is great, it’s spacious, the rooms have great lighting and we bought lots of beautiful furniture. The big environment was a lot better as well, the complex we live in has great landscaping and the view is wonderful. In a word, I’m very glad we moved to this new house and I supposed we will be living here forever.
The new home topic falls under the category of a SITUATION/ACTIVITY. The context consist of three parts: Introduction, body content and the Summary. Basing from the answer above, you can see several important ideas mentioned such the date, description, family situation, and appearance of the place. Also, linking phrases were included to connect the sentences better.
Linking Words or Phrases:
- You know, because of the reason that, because of the fact that, the good thing is that, Perhaps, while, Overall, In a word
LATEST PART 3 – NEW HOME/SCHOOL
- Do people like to live in big houses or small houses?
Answer: There is no doubt that people prefer to live in a huge house simply because of the fact that it can provide a wider space. The first reason is because a huge house is spacious it make you feel comfortable and free as you can decorate your home with furniture. In addition to that you can move around easily without the feeling of being suffocated. More than that is having a huge house make people think that you have a high status. The truth is, houses in China are very expensive especially in the city, so most people with high status in life normally live in luxurious houses.
- Long response, Linking phrase (There is no doubt that)
- First Point, Linking phrase (The first reason is because)
- Additional point, Linking phrase (In addition to that)
- Second point, Linking phrase (More than that)
- Additional point, Linking phrase (The truth is)
- Where do old people like to live, city or countryside?
Answer: It is obvious that most senior citizen will choose to live in the suburbs because of several reasons. First reason is that, they want a simple lifestyle where they can reflect on their personal interest. Perhaps, they are happy gardening their backyard, watching TV news or reading news paper on the balcony. Second reason is because, they prefer a peaceful environment as they easily get irritated with noises. They more likely want to listen to the chirping birds in the morning or the crickets in the evening.
- Long response, Linking phrase (it is obvious that)
- First point, linking phrase (First reason is that)
- Additional point, linking phrase (In addition to that)
- Second point, Linking phrase (Second reason is that)
- Additional point
- Do you like to move house frequently?
Answer: Of course not, transferring from one house to another is a difficult task. First of all, moving to another place takes a lot of time and effort. We have to pack our things, send it to the new address and re-arrange it. Next thing is that, it cost a lot of money because of the reason that we have to pay an advance payment for the new place. Also, we have to consider paying the transport fee for moving our stuffs. It is very inconvenient to keep moving from one place to another.
- Long response
- First point, Linking phrase (First of all)
- Additional information
- Second point, linking phrase (Next thing is that)
- Additional information, Linking word (Also)
- Why do people in your country choose to move home?
Answer: Well, there are several instances why people transfer from one house to another. One thing I can think of is, they look for a better employment that could offer them career advancement and a higher salary wage. Take me as an example, I live in Kunming but I decided to move in Beijing because they offer twice as much as I earn in Kunming. Second reason is because, some people move because of marriage. In China, once you get married you must separate from your parents and find a place to stay in but there are still some people who prefer to live with their parents in one roof.
- Long response
- First Point, Linking phrase (One thing I can think of is)
- Example, Linking phrase (Take me as an example)
- Second Point, Linking Phrase (Second reason is that)
- Additional Point